We’re Hiring: Content and Social Media Manager
Are you passionate about writing? Love crafting up a witty caption? Do you crave a supportive team environment? We’d love to hear from you! We are Oh Yes Communications, a full-service branding agency that works with fiercely committed CEOs to amplify their brand. Our Digital Marketing Team is growing and we are looking to fill a Content and Social Media Manager position.
This is a dream job for a self-starter who wants to use impactful words to influence others. Applicants must be motivated workers, go-getters and eager to learn. As a Content and Social Media Manager, you will work closely with the Creative Director and Brand Manager to execute vision and content strategy. This position will be involved in a variety of tasks that include: the daily work of a Branding Agency, corresponding with clients via email, day-to-day editing and updating of social media channels, and managing content dissemination for our social, video, and digital marketing clients. You will contribute to the online presence in both writing and video form.
This is a perfect fit for someone who has been in the marketing space professionally for a number of years, or perhaps has their own business currently, but is craving collaboration and working on a team for the long-run. We are looking for someone who sees Oh Yes Communications as a long-term home for their gifts and talents in this year-round position.
If you are interested in this position, or if you have a friend that would be interested, please read the guidelines below thoroughly. The link to apply is at the bottom of this post.
All Applications are due no later than Monday, November 5th.
We cannot wait to hear from you!
We are looking for:
- Someone who loves a supportive role.
- Someone who is highly organized.
- An outstanding writer and project manager who loves impactful words.
- A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solves independently and is very responsible.
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to our team.
- Someone who is very familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Someone who values communication, feedback, and growth (personally and professionally).
- Someone who has attention to detail to include everyday administrative tasks of the position.
- Someone who is comfortable interacting professionally with client and vendors.
- Accountable for content creation for social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Creates, schedules, and manages editorial calendars for clients on a variety of social media platforms.
- Writes content consistent with client brand voice, style, and tone.
- With Creative Director and Brand Manager, generates a content marketing strategy plan that aligns with client business goals.
- Creates social media images, templates, and other media.
- Daily monitors social media posts.
- Attends weekly video team meetings, client content onboarding meetings, and client quarterly calls.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Two to Five years experience in using and content writing for Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Solid grasp of spelling, grammar, and usage.
- Commitment to quality, work ethic, and a top-notch client experience.
- To start, 12-15 hours per month.
- Provide weekly status reports via Slack. Answer emails and Slack within 24 business hours, with the exception of weekends.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Be proactive and provide input on projects.
What you’ll learn and expect from us:
- Becoming proficient in social media management.
- The basics of using graphic design tools to grow a social platform within a small business.
- How to contribute to and interact with a small (and wonderful) team.
- Client and vendor relationships.
- What it takes to make client experience successful.
- Constant feedback and encouragement.
- Hands-on mentorship and exposure to digital, video, graphic design, photography, and branding experience.
- 12-15 hours per month to start
- $19 – $23/hour, depending on experience
- 1099 Position
- Remote Position – though being DC, MD, VA based would be an added bonus
- Must be available during normal business hours (M-F, 9a – 5pm)
- Start Date: November – December 2018
To Apply, fill out our application. Deadline is November 5th.
About Oh Yes
Oh Yes is a full-service branding agency for fiercely committed CEO’s that are ready to increase their visibility, but don’t have the time to do it themselves. We help our clients communicate their value and connect with their audience through branding, videography, content creation and other creative services, so they can focus on what’s next for their business.